Gardner and Margaret Gidley were charter members of Audubon Society of Forsyth County. They were active in local birding activities for decades and have traveled widely looking for birds. Gardner has donated his collection of books about birds for use by local Forsyth Audubon members. Most of these books are field guides that could be useful to you in planning and enjoying your own birding travels, but there also are some general interest publications. All of these books are available for loan by members at Wright’s Backyard Birding Center, 3906 Country Club Rd., Winston-Salem, 336-765-7823. Thank you Gardner for your gifts, and to Nathan and Sarah Gatto at Wright’s for offering store facilities for the library.
Forsyth Audubon Birding Library Catalog (Partial)
- A Field Guide to the Birds of Peru – Clements and Shany. 2001.
- A Guide to the Birds of Costa Rica – Stiles and Skutch. 1989.
- A Guide to the Birds of Panama with Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Honduras – Ridgely & Gwynne. 1989.
- A Guide to the Birds of Trinidad and Tobago – ffrench. 1991.
- Birds of the West Indies – Bond. 1990.
- Birds of the Bahamas and the Turks & Caicos Islands – Hallett. 2006.
- A Field Guide to the Birds of Mexico and Central America – Davis. 1972.
- Mexican Birds – Peterson & Chalif. 1973.
- A Guide to the Birds of Bermuda – Amos. 1991.
- The Galapagos Islands – a Natural History Guide – Constant. 1999.
- The Field Guide to the Birds of Australia – Pizzey & Knight. 2000.
- A Photographic Guide to Birds of Australia – Rowland. 2001.
- Green Guide – Birds of Australia – Rowland. 2000.
- Collins Birds of New Zealand – Kelly. 2001.
- A Field Guide to the Birds of East Africa – Williams & Arlott. 1986.
- A Field Guide to the Birds of Britain and Europe – Peterson, Mountfort & Holloom. 1983.
- Pocket Guide to the Birds of Britain and North-west Europe – Kightly, Madge and Nurney. 1998.
- Green Guide Birds of Britain and Europe – Flegg. 1995.
- Birds of New Jersey – Walsh, et al. 1999.
- The Birds of Cape May – Sibley. 1993.
- Birding at Point Pelee – O’Neill. 2006.
- A Birder’s Guide to Point Pelee (and surrounding region) – Hince. 1999.
- Warblers of Ontario – Point Pelee Nature Series – Earley.
- Manitoba Birds – Bezener & De Smet. 2000.
- A Birder’s Guide to Florida (A Lane Guide)- Holt. 1989.
- The Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds – Eastern Region – Bull & Farrand. 1977.
- The Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds – Western Region – Udvardy. 1977.
- Stokes Field Guide to Birds – Eastern Region – Stokes & Stokes. 1996.
- Birds of North America – Golden Field Guides – Robbins, Bruun & Zim. 2001.
- Bird Finder: A Birder’s Guide to Planning North American Trips – Cooper. 1995.
- The Bird Watching Answer Book – The Cornell Lab of Ornithology – Erickson. 2009.
- Audubon Water Bird Guide – Pough. 1951.
- Where the Birds Are: a guide to all 50 states and Canada – Jones. 1990.
- A Guide to the Nests, Eggs and Nestlings of North American Birds – Baicich & Harrison. 1997.
- Tales of a Low-Rent Birder – Dunne
- The Big Year, A tale of Man, Nature and Fowl Obsession – Obamscik
- The Verb ” to Bird,” Sightings of an Avid Birder – Cashwell
- Birds of the South – Green
- Birds of the Carolinas – Potter, Parnell, Teulings
- Birds of the Blue Ridge Mountains – Simpson
- Life LIst – Gentile
- Soaring with Fidel – David Gessner